Lent Challenge 2019: From desert to garden
Photo by Omar Lopez on Unsplash
Bringing hope to others by living as children of God
Social media, Netflix, chocolates – we all have that one thing we typically like to fast when Lent comes around. But Lent is about more than giving something up and not eating meat on Fridays!
“The “lenten” period of forty days spent by the Son of God in the desert of creation had the goal of making it once more that garden of communion with God that it was before original sin1“
In these next 40 days, we can renew ourselves, body and soul, by stripping ourselves of things that prevent us living as redeemed children of God. Journeying together to Easter, guided by Holy Spirit, we can transform the desert of Montreal into a new garden!
Don’t know where to start? Take 1-2 suggestions and practice them up until Easter!
(If you want a bit more of a challenge, try them on HARD MODE)
1. Heroic Minute: Get up right away; no snoozing! (Wake up 1-hour earlier)
2. Take 5 min showers (Cold showers only!)
3. Make your lunch everyday (Make all of your meals!)
4. Do your dishes and laundry (Do someone else’s dishes and laundry)
5. Do not complain! (AND do not gossip)
6. Daily Tech-free Hour (No tech after 9PM)
7. Go to mass once between Mon-Fri (Daily Mass)
8. Wear less makeup – Maybe only brows? (No makeup! Not even brows!)
9. Have dinner with your family once a week (Have family dinner every night)
10. Use reusable cups instead of plastic (Do not buy any drinks. Make your own coffee!)
11. Do not wear headphones during your commute (Read a book or try talking to someone)
12. Compliment someone every day (Compliment only strangers)
13. Say hi to someone at your parish (Get to know them)
14. Invite someone to your parish (Be more involved at your parish!)
15. Sleep on the floor once a week (Do it everyday!)
16. Buy someone a coffee/tea/bubble tea (Buy them their favourite meal)
17. Daily Rosary (Daily Adoration)
18. Read a bible verse every day (Read a Psalm every day)
19. One-hour of Netflix daily (No Netflix!)
20. Say thank you more (Tell someone you love them and why they matter to you at least once a week)
Mission Jeunesse Montréal 2000 rue Sherbrooke O. Montréal, QC H3H 1G4 email@example.com (514) 925-4300
It takes a village to raise a missionary disciple The awardees of the Ville-Marie Award remind us of the importance of community in the forming of disciples. Inspired by the Holy Spirit, they work to build spaces where young people can encounter Christ and each other....